Monday, November 14, 2011

Another year goes by...

Ella's 3rd Birthday - Dora the Explorer Cake
A little taste...Isa the Iguana
Backpack & Mapthe notorious Dora head...


2/21/11 - So it's another full year before I really even think about cake and what does my soon-to-be three year old ask for on her birthday cake? Dora. Dora the Explorer... in a car, with some cheese and a rainbow. Now she didn't get the rainbow, or the cheese and the car didn't quite pan out, but she did get a cute little Dora and even an Isa. I was still trying to master covering a cake with fondant and I'm pretty sure I hadn't figured out the technique of actually covering a cake without having to cut bits and pieces off of the edges, but it turned out alright for a 2nd cake. (Still having been crappy in the baking department, I actually bought a sheet cake from the grocery store (uniced) and cut it into the shape I wanted it, filled it (using a combination of ingredients I saw Buddy use on the Cake Boss) and covered it up. Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and fresh raspberry filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment