Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tinkerbell



Even later in March - Client #2 wrote back with an idea for a Tinkerbell cake for her daughter's 4th birthday in April. She only needed it to feed about 20 people and she even emailed me several pictures of Tinkerbell cakes she'd found online that she liked... That made it SO much easier, since I had no idea what I was doing :) Of course I waited until the night before the cake was due to start on Tinkerbell (then vowed to never do that again... ) and this cake was actually due before the shoe cake, so it was the first cake I'd ever actually delivered. So, that being said, I also learned the importance of proper structural supports. My dowels in the bottom tier were a little too high, so the second tier cake board was just balancing on top of those dowels. The whole ride over, every turn in the road or bump caused the cake to shift. I actually had chest pains by the time we arrived at the destination. But it was a learning experience, right?
Lots of little pull flowers for this cake...
Tried out a few new techniques with this cake - one of which was "gelatin" wings...
Picture of an "idea" cake from the client (c/o Cake Central)
Doodle of the cake and some concepts...

No comments:

Post a Comment